What is the single most cost effective way to get direct access to a consumer? If you said anything other than mobile marketing, then you are wrong. Mobile marketing is exploding at an exponential rate.
Mobile marketing reached $2.7 billion in 2011 and is expected to grow 84% annually, hitting $5.7 billion by 2014!
Brands using Mobile Marketing to reach customers connect with 95% of all smartphone & non-smartphone users.
Mobiles Devices Are Changing The Way Businesses Interact With Customers
Mobile Coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rates than print coupons. The redemption rate of a mobile coupon is up to 15% compared to traditional printed coupons with redemption rates of 1% or less. 92% of all people have and keep their cell phones within arm’s reach 24 hours a day, with 90% of them reading their text messages within 3 minutes of a message being delivered.
Study after study, statistics are showing that Mobile ads perform 4-5 times better than online (Internet) ads in key metrics such as brand favorability, awareness, and purchase intent.
Exciting Statistics About Mobile Marketing:
- 67% find location based coupons on smartphones useful.9
- 42.2% use their smartphones as a coupon.9
- 97% of text messages are opened, 90% are read within 3 minutes.1
- Nearly all (91%) of Americans have their cell phones within arm’s reach 24 hours a day.2
- 33% of U.S. mobile customers prefer offers via text message to thiose via mobile web (21%), app (11%), and voice mail (8%).9
- 96% of mobile users have SMS capability.3
- 22% of all adults would choose to receive cell phone notice of daily specials from their favorite full service restaurant if they had the option.4
- 25% of Americans use only mobile devices to access the Internet.
- 1/3 of Americans signed up for text alerts indicating that such services impact their decision to go into stores.5
- The redemption rate of a mobile coupon is up to 15% compared to traditional coupons with redemption rates of 1% or less.6
- The number of mobile coupon users in North America is set to increase more than tenfold in 2010, followed by triple digit increases in both 2011 and 2012. All in all, some $2.37 billion-worth of mobile coupon transactions will take place in 2013, up from just $5 million in 2009.9
- Mobile marketing reached $2.7 billion last year and is expected to grow 84% annually, hitting $5.7 billion by 2014.7
- 52% of consumers would use mobile coupons for a discount at a local store.8
74% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping.9
- 79% ultimately making a purchase as a result.9
- 70% of mobile searches lead to action within one hour.9
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action. Over half lead to purchase.9
- 95% of smartphone users looked up local information.9
What Does This All Mean
By 2013, mobile phone will overtake PC's as the most common web access device worldwide. Based on these numbers, mobile devices are quickly becoming the dominant way in which consumers interact with brands and each other.
People carry their cell phone with them everywhere, and if you are looking to reach your customers, text message marketing provides the solution.
Whether it’s a coupon or an ad, getting value from local businesses through one’s phone is becoming much more accepted than even a couple of years ago.
63% of consumers say they’re either “very comfortable” or “getting used” to seeing ads on their phones.
Take The Next Step
Meet with one of our marketing consultants. We’ll show you how you can plug into this new advertising medium and increase foot traffic to your location by as much as 45%.
Call (855) 955-9551 now for a free, 90-minute, no obligation consultation.
- Pew Foundation
- Morgan Stanley
- National Restaurant Association
- Harris Interactive
- Jupiter Research
- Borrell Associates
- ABI Research
- Additional sources for mobile statistics can be found here.